Egg Nog Pie
Looking for a different Christmas dinner dessert? Try something new this year with this amazing Egg Nog Pie. It's creamy and delicious, topped with chocolate sprinkles, it makes the perfect Christmas dessert!
Did you enjoy this amazing holiday recipe? Then check out more Christmas dinner ideas with this latest free eCookbook 6 Wonderful Christmas Dinner Menu Ideas.
- 9 inch baked pie crust
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract or essence
- 1/2 to 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- shaved unsweetened chocolate curls or sprinkles for garnish
- Prepare piecrust. Cool. Into 1 quart saucepan, measure gelatin, salt and 1/4 cup sugar and stir thoroughly until they are well mixed.
- In small bowl with wire whisk, beat egg yolks with milk until mixed, then with spoon, stir into gelatin mixture.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring, until mixture is thickened and coats spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in Rum. Refrigerate until mixture mounds when dropped from spoon, about 40 minutes.
- With hand beater, beat the mixture smooth.
- In large bowl with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites into soft peaks, gradually sprinkle in 1/4 cup sugar.
- Beat until sugar is dissolved. With rubber spatula, fold whipped cream and gelatin mixture into beaten egg whites.
- Spoon into crust. Sprinkle with nutmeg and chill.
- To serve, garnish with chocolate shavings or sprinkles