Poor Man's Poke Cake
When it comes to cake recipes, we just can't get enough. This quick and easy frugal recipe is just what the doctor ordered when it comes to cakes. Made with cake mix for ease, it is then "poked" and smeared with a pineapple, coconut, vanilla pudding mixture that is too good to pass up. This cake will surely hit the spot.
- 1 package yellow or white cake mix
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup coconut
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
Bake cake according to directions is a 9x13 pan.
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine pineapple with juice, sugar, pudding, and coconut. Simmer 5 minutes.
Using a wooden spoon handle, poke holes in warm cake. Slowly pour pineapple mixture over cake and spread evenly. Cool.
- Spread whipped topping evenly over cake and sprinkle with nuts. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.