Classic Carrot Cake
You will recall fond childhood memories as soon as you take your first bite of this free easy dessert recipe. Full of sweet scrumptious flavor, this simple dessert recipe is beloved by all.
Use the toothpick test to test for doneness. Stick a wooden toothpick into the cake. If the toothpick is clean when taken out, then the cake is done.
- 4 tablespoons honey or golden syrup
- 6 ounces margarine
- 8 ounces self raising flour, sifted
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 9 ounces carrots, grated
- Nuts, chopped (optional)
- Seeds (optional)
- Raisins (optional)
- Orange/lemon zest (optional)
- Melt the honey/syrup and margarine together in a saucepan.
- Remove from the heat and add the other ingredients. Mix well. Put into a greased cake tin.
- Cook at 325 degrees F until cake tests done.
Read NextGrandma's Icebox Fruitcake