Beer Marinated Pot Roast
Crack open your favorite brew and enjoy it with Beer Marinated Pot Roast. Drown your roast in ale for days and taste the magnificent flavors of one of the best oven pot roast recipes.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups light ale
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 carrots, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 peppercorns
- 2 cloves
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- salt and pepper to season
- Combine these ingredients and marinate the beef for three days in the refrigerator, turning the meat once or twice daily.
- After the rump pot roast has marinated for three days, remove from the liquid and drain, reserving the marinade. If you are using a traditional Dutch oven or pot roast "pot", heat the olive oil in it and brown the beef on all sides.
- Then pour one cup of the marinade, with the vegetables and seasonings, over the- meat once more. Cover, and simmer for two hours over a very low heat, adding the marinade juices when necessary, to keep the roast moist.
- Sprinkle the meat with brown sugar and continue to simmer for 15 minutes, turning the meat untiI the sugar has melted and browned. To the marinade juices that you have left, gradually add flour, stirring until smooth. Then pour over the roast. Simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Just before serving, put a strainer over a second pot and strain off the juices into this pot. Return the sliced carrots and onions to this stock, stir in table cream, warm and pour into a heated sauce boat. Serve at once.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.