Whole Wheat Baking Mix
Preparation Time10 min
- 6 cups whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons double acting baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup solid vegetable shortening (we like butter flavored)
- Combined flour, dry milk, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl; Stir to mix well.
- Add shortening to the bowl. Cut into dry ingredients with pastry blender or fork, until mixture is smooth.
- Store in container with tight-fitting lid in cool place or fridge up to 3 weeks. Stir well before using. Pile lightly into measure; level off top.