Baking Biscuit Mix
Preparation Time10 min
- 8 1/2 cups all white, or half white and half whole wheat
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup skim milk powder
- 1 pound solid vegetable shortening (like Crisco)
- In a huge bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients until you're sure they're well mixed.
- Using a pastry blender, cut the shortening into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse cornmeal. This can also be done in batches in a food processor - just make sure you divide the ingredients equally, and don't over-process.
- Store the mixture at room temperature in a tightly covered container, and use in any recipe that calls for store-bought biscuit mix. Makes tons.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Baking Mixes"
There are no records