5 Ingredient Biscuit Mix
With just five ingredients you too can create homemade biscuits that will melt in your mouth. These are perfect for a family dinner or for the next holiday. Spread some herbed butter on top or serve plain.
- 8 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups shortening
- For Baking:
- 2/3 cup milk
For Biscuit Mix:
- Combine flour, milk, baking powder, and salt in a very large bowl.
- Cut in shortening until it resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Store in tightly closed covered container in a cool place.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Take 2 cups flour mix out of jar and add 2/3 cup of milk.
- Combine flour mix and milk and beat until smooth. If dough is too sticky add more of the flour mix, up to ¼ cup.
- Turn dough out onto a surface dusted with baking flour, roll dough in ball to coat, and knead 20 times.
- Roll dough out to ½” thickness and cut into 2” circles (or use biscuit cutter in round shape).
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, brush tops with milk to brown and bake for 8 to 10 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Serve warm.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Baking Mixes"
There are no records