Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"This is an easy recipe that yields a hearty, flavorful soup – and it only takes just a couple minutes to prep! Most soups that call for dried peas or beans require that you soak the peas or beans overnight in water. Not this one! Thanks to the slow cooker, you can skip that step. Sure, it takes 6-8 hours on low for this soup to cook…but it’s entirely hands off! That leaves you with more time to shovel snow outside…or perhaps perfect your pea shooting abilities. This Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup is also a great way to use leftover ham. Whenever we have ham, we almost always end up with extra in the freezer. There are only so many ham sandwiches you can eat before you need a break! Well, this soup is a great way to repurpose that leftover ham. Just toss some extra cubed ham into this soup for a boost of flavor. And if you happen to still have a leftover ham bone? Put it in, too! Let the soup cook with the ham bone, and then just remove and discard the bone when the soup is all done. It’s an easy way to add tons of flavor!"
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
If you've ever had a king ranch chicken casserole before, you'll have an idea of what this soup is all about. It's basically just a… Continue reading: "King Ranch Chicken Soupvideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Chicken Yaki Udon
- Green Mutton Chops Recipe
- Southindian Mor Kuzhambu
- Perfect Caramel Popcorn
- Mustard Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Vegan Tzatziki Dip
- Reuben Sandwich
- Fudgy Nutella Brownies With Salted Caramel Sauce
- Healthy Blueberry Muffin Recipe With Greek Yogurt
- Easy Eggless Crepes
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes