- 1/4 - 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3/4 lb. tomatoes, chopped (2 medium)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp hot sesame oil (DO NOT OMIT)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 - 1 lb raw shrimp
- 8 oz.s feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 black olives halved, preferably Greek
- 1/2 lemon
- cooked rice
Heat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add onion and saute until soft. Stir in tomatoes, garlic, bay leaf, basil, oregano, parsley, hot sesame oil, salt and pepper. Cook 4 to 5 minutes. Remove vegetables from skillet with slotted spoon, leaving juices in skillet, and spread vegetables in bottom of an 8x8x2" baking pan. Preheat oven to 475. Bring pan juices to a boil, add shrimp and cook 2 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink. Add shrimp with juices to baking pan, crumble feta over top. Arrange olives on top of feta and squeeze lemon juice over all. Bake 10 to 15 minutes. Serve over rice. Makes 4 to 5 servings.
Read NextEasy Lobster Bisque
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use