Veggie & Black Bean Salad
This delicious refreshing recipe comes from our friend Robin at Knead to Cook. Made with freshly chopped vegetables and herbs, and seasoned with cumin and cayenne pepper, it's natural flavors make it irresistible. Enjoy this appetizer recipe tonight.
- 1 can (15-ounces) organic black or adzuki beans, drained
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 orange pepper, chopped (color of pepper may vary)
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 jalapeño, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Combine everything in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours to let the flavors mingle.
You can serve this as a side dish, with tortilla chips at a party or just with a big spoon.
Read NextBBQ Chicken Cobb Salad