Crunchy Quaker Oat Granola
Make delicious crunchy granola in your own kitchen with this quick and easy Quaker oats recipe. Quaker granola recipes make for healthy and tasty snacks perfect for those on the go. Quaker oats recipes like this one are great for breakfast too.
Options: If using sugar, increase oil to 3/4 cup or add 1/4 cup water Add 1 cup cornmeal; omit cinnamon.
For more great recipes using Quaker oats, check out the Recipe Lion collection of 10 Quick Easy Quaker Oats Recipes.
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 4 cups rolled Quaker oats
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup peanuts or chopped walnuts
- 1 cup honey or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix together coconut, Quaker oats, sunflower seeds, wheat germ, sesame seeds and nuts in a large bowl.
- Combine honey, oil and cinnamon, and bring to a boil. Pour honey mixture over dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Spread on 2 greased cookie sheets. Bake granola around 30 minutes, stirring often.
- Watch closely at the end, not allowing granola to become too dark. Allow to cool undisturbed, then break into chunks.