Farmer's Noodles and Cabbage
Super easy to make, Farmer's Noodles and Cabbage is a quick dish that the family will love. Buttery and delicious, serve with polish sausage or as a side to some of your favorite chicken recipes. It will become a household favorite with your very first bite. Plus, it's super budget friendly so you can make it any time of the week.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup peeled and chopped yellow onion
- 4 cups chopped or thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 8-ounce package egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the onion and saute until transparent.
Add the cabbage and saute 5 minutes, or until tender but still crisp. Stir in the caraway seeds, salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, cook the noodles in salted water as directed on package. Do not overcook. Drain well.
- Stir the noodles into the cabbage and add the sour cream. Cook 5 minutes longer, stirring frequently. Serves 4-6