Muse Red Velvet Gelato Whoopie Pies
Muse Red Velvet Gelato Whoopie Pies are a delicious treat that can be made for either a sweet snack or dessert. What makes this whoopie pie recipe unique is that it uses Muse Gelato as the filling!
Preparation Time30 min
Cooking Time10 min
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 ounce milk chocolate, chopped
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart Muse Gelato Vanilla Bean Gelato or Zabaglione Gelato
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and then line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine semisweet and milk chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave at 50 percent power until melted, about two minutes. Whisk until smooth.
- Whisk melted butter, sour cream, eggs, vinegar, vanilla, and food coloring in a bowl until well mixed.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in four equal batches, whisking each batch completely before adding the next. Stir in melted chocolate.
- Scoop generous tablespoonfuls of batter onto the prepared baking sheets and smooth tops with a damp finger.
- Bake until the cookies spring back when lightly pressed, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let cool up to 14 minutes on baking sheets before transferring to racks. Cool completely.
- Once the cookies are completely cooled, sandwich a healthy scoop of Muse Vanilla Gelato between two cookies. Repeat with the remaining cookies and filling; store whoopie pies in freezer while filling to avoid melting.
- Serve immediately or keep frozen until serving.
Read NextKinder Bueno Cookie Pie