Linguini with Roasted Vegetables
Bring the tastes of Italy to your own home with Linguini with Roasted Vegetables. Made with fresh asparagus, tomatoes and garlic and then topped with Parmesan cheese, this homemade pasta recipe is too good to pass up.
Preparation Time30 min
- 12 ounces package of al fresco tomato basil chicken meatballs
- Cooking spray, olive, extra virgin, with garlic
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 pound asparagus, cooked and drained
- 1 white onion, sliced 1/8 inch
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 ounces linguini pasta dry
- 1 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss the cherry tomatoes, asparagus, onion and garlic with 2 tbsp of the olive oil, and 1 tsp of the black pepper, spread on the sheet pan, and roast for 10 - 12 minutes. Stir half way, roast until nicely browned.
- Meanwhile, cook the linguini according to package instructions, and reserve ¾ cup of the pasta liquid. Drain pasta and reserve, keeping warm.
- Prepare a large sauté pan with cooking spray, and brown al fresco Tomato Basil Chicken Meatballs over medium high heat for 4 - 5 minutes. Add the cooked pasta, roasted vegetables, and toss together.
- Lower heat to medium, add remaining olive oil, basil, Parmesan cheese, salt, ½ tsp of black pepper, ½ cup of the pasta water (add remaining 1/4 cup if needed), toss well.
- Serve immediately with crusty Italian bread.
Read NextPhilly Cheesesteak Stuffed Shells