You might be surprised, but buffalo meatloaf (OK, bison meatloaf) is a delicious take on the traditional beef meatloaf, and it's moist and tender...and less fatty too. You can swap it out and not even tell your family...they'll eat healthier without even knowing it!
Cooking Time1 hr 20 min
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon fine herbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 pounds ground buffalo meat
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup hickory flavored catsup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a bowl, place bread crumbs, nutmeg, herbs, pepper and salt. Mix by hand and add eggs and milk.
- Beat and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Gradually add the buffalo, carrot, celery and onion and blend together.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 baking pan and spread evenly.
- Spread catsup over meat meat mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- Stand 5 minutes before cutting.