Angel Food Ice Cream Cake
This quick and easy ice cream cake will take you back to your childhood. This is a great no-bake dessert that can be thrown together in minutes and toted off to a picnic or summer pool party. All ages will love it.
This recipe was featured in 30 Frozen Desserts to Satisfy your Sweet Tooth. Check out the 29 other awesome frozen desserts featured in the article for some great dessert recipes!
- 1 angel food cake (8 inches)
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries
- Sugar or sugar substitute
- Cut the cake in half, tear one half into small pieces and set aside.
- Cut the other half into 12-14 thin slices, arrange in the bottom of a wax paper lined 13" x 9" x 2" baking pan, overlapping as needed.
- Spread softened ice cream over cake, pressing down to smooth. Gently press the small cake pieces into the ice cream. Cover and freeze.
- Just before serving, slice strawberries and sweeten to taste. Cut dessert into squares and top with strawberries.