Beautiful Strawberry and Cream Trifle
This Beautiful Strawberry and Cream Trifle has an amazing combination of strawberry and orange. Trifle recipes like this one are definitely great easy to make desserts that don't take a lot of time - with decadent results.
Find the recipe for the Pastry Cream here.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur (optional)
- 4 pints fresh strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade or strawberry jam
- 1 (10 to 12-ounce) store-bought pound cake or homemade from your favorite recipe
- 1 recipe for Pastry Cream (see notes for link to recipe)
- 1 1/2 cup cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 small fresh strawberries, hulled, for garnish
Bring the water, 1â„4 cup of the sugar, and the Grand Marnier, if using, to a boil in a small heavy saucepan, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar. Let cool.
In a large bowl, gently toss the strawberries with the orange marmalade to coat the berries.
Cut the pound cake into 12 slices, arrange on a baking sheet, and brush each lightly with the sugar syrup. Cut each slice into 6 cubes. Tightly arrange one-third of the cubes in the bottom of a trifle bowl or large soufflÃ© dish. Spread one-third of the pastry cream on top of the cake cubes, smoothing with a rubber spatula. Arrange one-third of the marmalade-coated strawberries on top of the pastry cream. Repeat twice, so that you have three layers each of cake, pastry cream, and strawberries. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours and up to 1 day.
When ready to serve, in a medium-size bowl, using an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream, the remaining 1â„4 cup of sugar, and the vanilla until it just holds stiff peaks. Spread over the top of the trifle or use a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip to pipe it decoratively. Garnish with the whole strawberries and serve immediately.