Quick And Simple Family Friendly Butter Chicken Masala
"A family-friendly Butter Chicken Masala Recipe that can be prepped and cooked in under 30 minutes from start to finish. This one-pot Chicken Makhani Recipe tastes better than taking out and is a crowd-pleaser. This restaurant-style Indian Butter Chicken Masala recipe is an easy and simple one-pot meal that can be made in under 30 minutes from start to finish. Whether you are making it for the first time or 50th, the flavors of the creamy tomato sauce will make you add this to your weekly rotation. Fenugreek leaves, tomato puree, ginger, garlic, spices, and heavy cream are simmered together in this authentic butter chicken recipe. Delicious butter chicken sauce served with basmati rice and soft naan speaks to my soul. Give this a try and let me know what you think!"
NotesUse more or less heavy cream based on your preference. The color of the curry will vary based on how much you use.
-I prefer chicken breast or tenders over dark meat for this recipe.
-Salt should be added at the end according to taste since a few of the ingredients are already salted
-Fenugreek Leaves/Kasoori Methi can be found at Indian Grocery stores or Amazon. --It is dried green leaves. Please do not substitute fresh fenugreek leaves/methi or fenugreek seeds for this.
Preparation Time5 min
Chilling Time5 min
Cooking Time15 min
- 1 lb chicken, cut into small cubes (I prefer tenders or breast, but traditional recipes use dark meat)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 12 oz tomato puree (canned)
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic, grated
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp butter chicken masala (use more or less depending on spice level preference) shan brand works well
- 1 stick butter (salted or unsalted) can use half for a healthier version
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup kasoori methi leaves (finely grounded) dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 tbsp sugar (more or less-the measurement depends on tomato puree brand)