Slow Cooker Whole Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Preparing this main dish was surprisingly easy and enjoyable. For hands on preparation, all you do is to mix all the dried seasonings and rub the mixture on a cleaned chicken. You don’t have to worry about a thing from that point because the chicken will be soaking up the savory spices at night in your fridge while you are having your sweet dreams about it. Serve it with some mashed potatoes with bacon and make sure you scoop up some juice from the pot. You are going to want this perfect match to be a regular on your dining table."
NotesFor this recipe, you will need a 6-quart slow cooker in order for a whole chicken to fit in.
No liquid is needed here. The chicken makes its own amazing juice.
Feel free to add your preferred veggies. Potatoes and carrots are great options.
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium onion, sliced (optional)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced (optional)
- ilantro for garnishing (optional)
Combine all the spices in a small bowl.
Clean chicken and remove all the giblets. Dry it with a paper towel.
Rub the spice mixture onto the chicken as well as inside the chicken.
Place the chicken in a plastic bag and refrigerate it over night.
When ready to cook, throw in half of sliced onion at the bottom of your crock pot. Add chicken and place the other half onion on top of it. Add celery slices around the chicken.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Easy 7-Layer Potato Salad is the perfect solution to your potluck woes. Want to bring one of the most beloved potluck recipes to the… Continue reading: "Easy 7-Layer Potato Saladvideocam"
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes