Brownie Mix Plus Recipe
This easy brownie mix is something you can store to make later or even bottle and give as a cute holiday gift. This mix includes a brownie recipe as well. Throw in some extra chocolate chips or a really gooey brownie!
- Makes 17 cups of mix. I made three double batches and one regular batch of brownies and have a little mix left over.
- I used a 9 by 12 pan for the double batch and it was glass. So it was more like 25 minutes that I baked them.
- These are great for Christmas gifts as well as housewarming gifts when put in in baskets or zipper bags wrapped in a burlap bag with jute string as a tie.
Preparation Time10 min
- 6 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 8 cups sugar
- 8 ounces unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups vegetable shortening
- Mix dry ingredients well.
- Cut in shortening until evenly distributed (I used my mixer).
- Put in airtight container, store in cool dry place. Use within 10-12 weeks, (I used mine all that night!).
- Type up or write out instructions on notecards and put this with the mix:
Brownie Instructions for Brownie Mix Plus Recipe:
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups brownie mix
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, prepare 8 inch square pan.
- Mix everything together and dump in pan. Bake 30-35 minutes.
Read NextHomemade "Jiffy" Cornbread Mix