14 Tantalizing Southern Cornbread Recipes
By: Nina Hoffman, Editorial Director, RecipeLion.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Long before European explorers arrived in the New World, Native Americans used ground corn (corn meal) in their cooking. Cornbread became popular in the United States during the Civil War because it was inexpensive and could easily be made in different ways. People baked loaves of corn bread, fried up corn meal with other ingredients for a fast meal, and still others made cornbread casserole. Peruse this collection of 14 Tantalizing Southern Cornbread Recipes and see for yourself how glorious corn can be!
Cornbread recipes have stood the test of time and have become a staple of dinners across the country. Some of the best cornbread recipes come to us from the South. From sweet cornbread recipes to cornbread muffins, there are a variety of ways to spruce up this classic bread. Best right out of the oven, slice open a piece of corn bread and spread on some butter. Warm and buttery, it complements any dinner. Enjoy these Southern cornbread recipes.
These cornbread recipes will go well with a recipe from our 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes free eCookbook.
14 Tantalizing Southern Cornbread Recipes
Table of Contents
- Sweet Buttermilk Corn Bread (shown) - Here's a fantastic buttermilk cornbread recipe. It's sweet and moist, and it pairs nicely with chili, soup, or just about any warm meal. Serve it warm with a pat of butter. Mmmm!
- Southern Belle Bisquick Cornbread - This cornbread recipe gets its name because it is like a darling Southern belle ... perfect, sweet and wonderful.
- Sweet Corn Bread - If you're looking for an easy, basic sweet cornbread recipe, you've found it! This sweet cornbread recipe is a great one to bake with the kids, and the whole family will enjoy the fruits of your labors.
- Sweet Double Jiffy Cornbread - When you make Jiffy cornbread, you know it's going to be tasty. On top of that, you know it's going to be simple. Those are two good things, especially in a world where things are increasingly complicated. Make this Jiffy cornbread recipe today.
- Apple and Cheddar Corn Muffins - Apple and Cheddar is one combo that makes a great and flavorful muffin. These are great for breakfast, as a side dish at a barbecue, or as an on-the-go snack.
- Serrano Chili and Cilantro Corn Bread Muffins - This is a delicious corn bread muffin recipe that has a delightful balance of sweet and hot. The brown sugar gives a sweetness, and the serrano peppers give them their heat. Serve them with a bowl of hot chili for a great lunch or dinner.
- Slow Cooker Dressing (shown) - This homemade cornbread dressing recipe is delicious and goes well with turkey.
- Not Your Average Cornbread Stuffing - This unique recipe with cornbread is made with Italian sausage and is cooked in a skillet.
- Jiffy Cornbread Casserole - This is my favorite Jiffy cornbread corn casserole recipe. As far as I'm concerned, you can never have too much corn, and this recipe uses it three ways: regular, creamed, and Jiffy mix. It is so moist and delicious, it will make your mouth water.
- Mason Jar Chili and Cornbread - Just pour the chili into a mason jar, top with cornbread batter, and bake!
- Classic Cornbread Casserole - When you want some good, old-fashioned country comfort taste but don't want to spend all day in the kitchen cooking, try this recipe for Classic Cornbread Casserole.
- Skillet Cornbread (shown) - Enjoy this cornbread recipe with butter and honey at any meal. There's nothing better.
- Broccoli Jiffy Cornbread - Using Jiffy cornbread mix makes any cornbread recipe super easy and quick. We've added broccoli, mushrooms, and cheese to this one to make it extra good and extra nutritious.
- Best Ever Cheesy Cornbread - What makes a dish one of the best cornbread recipes? Cheese, and lots of it! This recipe has that requirement covered ... and then some! With Cheddar cheese soup and shredded Cheddar cheese, there's no dancing around the fact that this easy cornbread recipe is supremely cheesy.
For more cornbread recipes, check out this collection of 9 Jiffy Cornbread Recipes You'll Love.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Classic Potatoes Au Gratin
- Simmered Southern-Style Green Beans
- 14 Tantalizing Southern Cornbread Recipes
- For the Love of Squash: 14 Simple Squash Recipes
- Best Canned Green Beans
- 21 Tempting Eggplant Recipes
- 22 Tempting Tomato Recipes
- Southern Grandma's Corn Pudding
- Mediterranean Sweet Potato Fries
- Apple-Glazed Carrots
- 29 Tasty, Easy Breakfast Recipes eCookbook
- 33 Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes: Volume III
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 39 Appetizer Recipes and Party Pleasers eCookbook
- 17 Excellent Easter Recipes
- 21 Must-Have Easy Picnic Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Effortless Recipes with Cake Mix eCookbook
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes eCookbook and craft guide
- 11 Fabulous Christmas Dinner Menu Ideas eCookbook
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Peppermint Brownie Baked Alaska
- Olio Carli Citrus Cake
- Pourfect Measuring Cup and Spoon Set Review
- Hungry Girl Creamy Clam Chowder
- Southern Red Velvet Cake, Red Velvet Cupcakes, and 8 Other Swoon-Worthy Red Velvet Recipes
- Oliso SmartHub Cooktop Review
- Coworker Cake in a Cup
- Have Your Cake and Eat it Too Breakfast
- Grilled Peanut Butter Jelly Sandwich
- Citrus Almond Loaf Cake Recipe