30 Charming Old Fashioned Recipes
By: Jamie Garcia, Editor, RecipeLion.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's nothing quite like old fashioned recipes to get you excited about sitting down to dinner. These are the kind of dishes that are staples in many American homes and that evoke happy memories from our childhood. Days spent with our mothers or grandmothers in the kitchen, nights sitting down to the table with the whole family, holidays where everyone brought a dish. Traditionally, it has been over delicious meals, like the old-fashioned selections below, that we shared our days with each other and came together with those we love.We've gathered together 30 of our favorite vintage recipes that have been the cornerstone of so many American dinner tables. With these old-fashioned classics, we hope you'll be able to recreate some of the nostalgia you remember from your youth and pass the same feeling along to your family. Take a stroll down memory lane, indulge in some comfort food, and introduce an old favorite (or two!) to your family.
Table of Contents
Old Fashioned Dinner Recipes
These old fashioned dinner recipes will bring back those memories of what it was like gathering around the dinner table as a child. From classic recipes, Mom used to make like tuna casserole and meatloaf to recipes you might remember from the diner, like chicken fried chicken and Salisbury steak, these old-fashioned favorites are bound to please.
If you're in the mood for even more old-fashioned recipes, discover our round-up of 24 Classic Great Depression Era Recipes
Old Fashioned Dessert Recipes
What's better than delicious old fashioned desserts? We can't think of much. Pound cake, cookies, pie, and cookie bars... the treats below are things you might remember seeing in your grandmother's cookbook. Mom may have been passed a few of these vintage recipes over the years, and now it's your turn. Pour yourself a tall glass of milk and get ready to take a trip down memory lane with these great desserts.
Find even more vintage-style recipes, try our "Top Rated Amish Recipes: 26 Classic, Old-Fashioned Recipes" eCookbook
Other Classic Vintage Recipes
What do sour cream doughnuts have in common with chicken pot pie? Not a lot, thankfully! But they are both delicious old fashioned recipes and they can both be found in the list below that includes a few more of our favorite classic vintage recipes. We just couldn't leave these old time favorites off the list, so we hope you enjoy!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 9 Jiffy Cornbread Recipes You'll Love
- "50 Favorite American Recipes by State" eCookbook
- 24 Classic Great Depression Era Recipes
- RecipeLion's Annual Top 100: Top Recipes of 2016
- 17 Old West Cowboy Recipes
- The Best Funeral Foods: 18 Easy Potluck Recipes for a Crowd
- Dump and Go Dinners: 22 Easy Weeknight Dinner Ideas + 4 Bonus Dump Desserts
- The Best Dinner Recipes, Delicious Desserts & More: 20 Must-Have Recipes
- Grandma's Favorites: 19 Vintage Recipes
- 30 Charming Old Fashioned Recipes
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Winter's Best Soup
- Fully Loaded Chicken and Potato Bake
- Freezer-Friendly Western Omelet Egg Muffins
- Irish Creme Brownies
- Chocolate Coconut Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- Valentine’s Day Raw Vegan Heart-Shaped Desserts
- Honey Garlic Shrimp
- Sunday Morning Shortcut Cinnamon Rolls
- Famous 15 Minute Italian Soup