30 Charming Old Fashioned Recipes
By: Jamie Garcia, Editor, RecipeLion.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's nothing quite like old fashioned recipes to get you excited about sitting down to dinner. These are the kind of dishes that are staples in many American homes and that evoke happy memories from our childhood. Days spent with our mothers or grandmothers in the kitchen, nights sitting down to the table with the whole family, holidays where everyone brought a dish. Traditionally, it has been over delicious meals, like the old-fashioned selections below, that we shared our days with each other and came together with those we love.
We've gathered together 30 of our favorite vintage recipes that have been the cornerstone of so many American dinner tables. With these old-fashioned classics, we hope you'll be able to recreate some of the nostalgia you remember from your youth and pass the same feeling along to your family. Take a stroll down memory lane, indulge in some comfort food, and introduce an old favorite (or two!) to your family.
The Amish have the best simple, old fashioned recipes. We've gathered the Top Rated Amish Recipes: 26 Classic, Old Fashioned Recipes in our fabulous free eCookbook.
30 Charming Old Fashioned Recipes
Table of Contents
These old fashioned dinner recipes will bring back those memories of what it was like gathering around the dinner table as a child. From classic recipes, Mom used to make like tuna casserole and meatloaf to recipes you might remember from the diner, like chicken fried chicken and Salisbury steak, these old-fashioned favorites are bound to please.
- Perfect Shepherd's Pie
- Southern Chicken Fried Chicken
- Slow Cooker Beef Dumpling Soup
- Mom's Best Tuna Melt Casserole (shown)
- Grandma's Best Comfort Casserole
- All In One Chicken & Dumpling Supper
- Vintage Hoppin John in a Slow Cooker
- Great Depression Casserole
- Just Like Paula Deen's Old Fashioned Meatloaf
- Amish Yumasetti Casserole (shown)
- Old Fashioned Salisbury Steak Recipe
- One Pot Old Fashioned Goulash
- Civil War Macaroni and Cheese
What's better than delicious old fashioned desserts? We can't think of much. Pound cake, cookies, pie, and cookie bars... the treats below are things you might remember seeing in your grandmother's cookbook. Mom may have been passed a few of these vintage recipes over the years, and now it's your turn. Pour yourself a tall glass of milk and get ready to take a trip down memory lane with these great desserts.
- Old-Fashioned Magic Cake (shown)
- Old Fashioned Pudding Poke Cake
- Mom's Carrot Mold
- German Butter Pound Cake
- Vintage Chocolate Chip Cookies (shown)
- Old Fashioned Pecan Pie Bars
- Little Old Lady Lemon Pound Cake
- Best Ever Chocolate Pie
- Old-Fashioned Cream Pie Bars
- Vintage Cake
If you're in the mood for even more old fashioned recipes, discover our round-up of 24 Classic Great Depression Era Recipes!
What do sour cream doughnuts have in common with chicken pot pie? Not a lot, thankfully! But they are both delicious old fashioned recipes and they can both be found in the list below that includes a few more of our favorite classic vintage recipes. We just couldn't leave these old time favorites off the list, so we hope you enjoy!
- Old Fashioned Sour Cream Doughnuts (shown)
- Just Like Mom's Old Fashioned Stuffing
- Southern Grandma's Corn Pudding
- The Ultimate Chicken Pot Pie
- Grandma Frances' Wisconsin German Potato Salad (shown)
- World's Best Ambrosia Salad
- Old Fashioned Buttermilk Pie
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 9 Jiffy Cornbread Recipes You'll Love
- 22 Old Fashioned Recipes from the 1950s
- 24 Classic Great Depression Era Recipes
- Dump and Go Dinners: 26 Easy Weeknight Dinner Ideas + Bonus Easy Dessert Recipes
- The Best Funeral Foods: 18 Easy Potluck Recipes for a Crowd
- 30 Charming Old Fashioned Recipes
- The Best Dinner Recipes, Delicious Desserts & More: 20 Must-Have Recipes
- "Top Rated Amish Recipes: 26 Classic, Old-Fashioned Recipes" eCookbook
- 5-Ingredient Recipes: 21 Easy Dinner Ideas with 5 Ingredients or Less Free eCookbook
- "50 Favorite American Recipes by State" eCookbook
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 18 Thanksgiving Side Dishes That Steal The Show
- 22 Easy Thanksgiving Recipes: A Traditional Thanksgiving Meal From RecipeLion
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Fini Cutlery 2-Piece Knife Set Review
- Fini Cutlery
- Dump and Go Dinners: 22 Easy Weeknight Dinner Ideas + 4 Bonus Dump Desserts
- Vegan Christmas Shortbread Cookies
- No Bake Oreo Chocolate Rum Balls
- Bacon Garlic Gougères
- Cranberry Brie Bites
- Barbecue Chicken Cornbread Casserole
- Unforgettable Lemon Pudding Cake
- Baked Pierogi Casserole