This image courtesy of www.campbellskitchen.com
A no-stress roasted turkey recipe that will make your Turkey Day stress free. Featuring a savory mushroom stuffing, it's a great recipe for a first-time turkey cook. Try Roast Turkey with Mushroom Stuffing and treat your guests to the ultimate Thanksgiving dinner.
3 hr 30 min
cups Swanson® Chicken Stock (Regular or Unsalted)
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
tablespoon ground black pepper
1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 small onion, coarsely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
cup sliced mushrooms (about 1 1/2 ounces)
4 cups Pepperidge Farm® Herb Seasoned Stuffing
1 12 or 14 pound turkey
vegetable cooking spray
- Stir 1 3/4 cups stock, lemon juice, basil, thyme and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Heat the remaining stock, remaining black pepper, celery, onion and mushrooms in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the stuffing to the saucepan and mix lightly.
- Remove the package of giblets and neck from the turkey cavity. Rinse the turkey with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Spoon the stuffing lightly into the neck and body cavities. Fold any loose skin over the stuffing. Tie the ends of the drumsticks together.
- Place the turkey, breast side up, on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Spray the turkey with the cooking spray. Brush with the stock mixture. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meat, not touching the bone.
- Roast at 325 degrees F for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until the thermometer reads 180Â°F. Baste occasionally with the stock mixture. Begin checking for doneness after 3 hours of roasting time. Let the turkey stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition per Serving
Recipe Note: Bake any remaining stuffing in a covered casserole with the turkey for 30 minutes or until the stuffing is hot.
Cooking Basics: The stuffing in the turkey should reach 165°F.
Check out more recipes from Cmapbell's.