18 Thanksgiving Side Dishes that Steal the Show Free eCookbook
By: Jordan Sward, Editor, RecipeLion.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If there's ever a good time to fuss over side dishes, it's for your Thanksgiving feast. Although everyone loves to see a turkey on the table, the side dishes are often what we look forward to the most on Thanksgiving. These 18 Thanksgiving Side Dishes that Steal the Show make it super easy to add color, crunch, and a whole bunch of flavor to your holiday table. This collection includes everything from potato side dishes, to Thanksgiving vegetable side dishes, and even more comforting favorites. They're so unforgettably delicious that you'll want to make them all year.
Trying to prepare a full meal on Thanksgiving morning can be pretty hectic. So we've pulled together Thanksgiving side dishes that make it easy for you to sit down and enjoy a relaxing, comforting meal with family and friends. Many of these recipes can be made ahead of time and refrigerated, so all you have to do is stick them in the oven before mealtime. Others are super simple, and require only a few ingredients, so you can throw them together in no time. Once you get a taste of these Thanksgiving side dishes, you won't be able to believe how easy they were! They're so unforgettably delicious that they make it hard to save room for turkey or dessert.
18 Thanksgiving Side Dishes
that Steal the Show
Table of Contents
When you think Thanksgiving side dishes, there's a good chance you think about sweet potatoes and hot mashed potato casseroles. No holiday feast is complete without delicious potato side dishes, whether you prefer "loaded" potatoes or sweet potatoes that taste more like dessert than a side dish. Potatoes are the ultimate comfort food, and these are some of the best and easiest potato side dishes to make no matter what time of year. Recipes like Effortless Garlic Roasted Potatoes (pg. 6) and Loaded Hash Brown Casserole (pg. 13) take the fuss out of your holiday meal. Roasted potatoes can be prepared the day before, so you can simply stick them in the oven. Plus, using frozen hash browns in a casserole not only cuts down on cost, but there's no peeling or slicing involved!
Many of the potato side dishes included are casseroles, because they're super easy to prepare and easy to share! These make enough to feed a crowd, so pile your plate high with a piping hot serving of deliciously creamy and comforting potatoes. Potato Thanksgiving side dishes are almost guaranteed to be a hit because almost everyone is a fan of potatoes! We've included a classic garlic mashed potatoes recipe for a traditional Thanksgiving feast, but there are also potato recipes that are made over with cheese, bacon, and other exciting ingredients. Just take one look at the Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole (pg. 9) above and you may already be drooling. It's safe to say this list of potato sides includes something for every palate.
Plus Don't Miss: How to Make Mashed Potatoes
Even family members who don't care for any vegetables will load up their plates with these delicious Thanksgiving vegetable side dishes. Take this Classic Green Bean Casserole recipe (pg. 15) shown above, for example. The combination of creamy green beans with a crispy onion topping makes this vegetable side dish almost addictive, and you won't be able to believe how easy it is! Other classic Thanksgiving side dishes like Honey Ginger Roasted Carrots (pg. 20) and World's Best Cream Corn (pg. 17) will definitely be the most loved dishes on your holiday table.
With all the hearty Thanksgiving foods, it's nice to have something lighter to balance the meal. Although these vegetable side dishes are lighter than some potato recipes, they definitely don't skimp on flavor. You can easily transform vegetables into something delicious with the addition of just a few simple seasonings and other ingredients. For example, our recipe for Copycat Cracker Barrel Green Beans (pg. 19) isn't your average recipe for green beans. It includes bacon and just a touch of sugar, so they're some of the best green beans you'll ever eat. Plus, there's nothing better than being able to recreate your restaurant favorites in the comfort of your own kitchen. Your guests will be begging for the recipes to these Thanksgiving side dishes.
Of course we couldn't forget the rest of the comforting classics that make us crave Thanksgiving side dishes all year. Each family has their own holiday traditions, perhaps yours couldn't celebrate Turkey Day without homemade mac & cheese or warm biscuits spread with fresh butter. No matter what you fancy, we've included recipes for all the classic Thanksgiving side dishes everyone loves. The Best Homemade Thanksgiving Stuffing (pg. 30) shown above is a classic stuffing recipe that's easy to make and one of the best tasting ones out there. Letting the prepared dish rest for a few hours before baking gives the flavors a chance to soak in, so the taste is out of this world. Plus, this makes it super easy to manage your time while making the rest of your meal.
Another favorite dish is Baked Mac & Cheese with Cornbread Crust (pg. 23). Homemade mac & cheese is always a crowd-pleasing variation of everyone's favorite childhood treat, and this one takes it one step further with a slightly sweet cornbread crust. We've also included one of our most popular recipes for Amish Buttermilk Biscuits (pg. 22). If the Amish are known for one thing, it's their bread, and these biscuits are easy and delicious. With other recipes for cranberry sauce, cornbread casserole, and other amazing Thanksgiving side dishes, you'll definitely want to print out these recipes to use whenever you're craving something cozy and comforting.
Don't Miss our other Free eCookbooks
If you enjoyed this free eCookbook, you won't want to miss any of our other downloadable recipe collections. You can browse our entire library of free eCookbooks here.
And as a friendly reminder, with your free copy of the 18 Thanksgiving Side Dishes that Steal the Show free eCookbook (as with all of our free downloadable eCookbooks) you can also subscribe to our free Quick and Easy Recipes newsletter to get free recipes delivered to your email inbox every week. Become a part of the RecipeLion community! By subscribing you will receive:
- Six weekly emails with free recipes, tips, collection pages, videos and more + a weekly wrap-up.
- Chances to win cookbooks and food products from our weekly giveaways and contests.
- New recipes and eCookbooks made available to you throughout the year.
- Access to our recipe large collection full of over 40,000 recipes, including budget friendly and quick and easy recipes
- The opportunity to share ideas and help others in the recipe and cooking community.
For help downloading this eCookbook, please see our guide on how to download our eCookbooks.
To view and download the complete collection of free RecipeLion eCookbooks, click here.
For our complete collection of free RecipeLion Holiday eCookbooks, click here.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Molly's Green Bean Casserole
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall Free eCookbook
- 18 Thanksgiving Side Dishes that Steal the Show Free eCookbook
- 22 Easy Thanksgiving Recipes: A Traditional Thanksgiving Menu from RecipeLion
- Sweet Pepper and Andouille Sausage Stuffing
- 303 Thanksgiving Recipe Ideas: The Conclusive Menu
- Easy Salad Recipes: 41 Recipes for Thanksgiving
- 36 Thanksgiving Recipes Free eCookbook
- "24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects" eCookbook
- "The Best Desserts for Thanksgiving: 11 Sweet Recipes for the Fall" Free eCookbook
- 20 Valentine's Day Recipes: Blogger Edition - Free eCookbook
- 22 Easy Pie Recipes for Every Occasion
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Effortless Recipes with Cake Mix eCookbook
- 39 Appetizer Recipes and Party Pleasers eCookbook
- Classic Cowboy Recipes: 27 Authentic Western Recipes - Free eCookbook
- Frugal Recipes: 26 Ground Beef Recipes eCookbook
- The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge
- Top Rated Amish Recipes: 26 Classic, Old-Fashioned Recipes eCookbook
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- MAX'IS Creations
- 5-Minute Prep Company Potatoes
- White Chocolate Strawberry Snack Mix
- Valentine's Chocolate Lattice Sugar Cookies
- Double Taco Meatloaf Recipe
- No Bake Peanut Butter Marshmallow Pie
- Ranch Cheddar Chicken
- Easy Muffin Tin Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes
- 5-Minute Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwich