Top 10 Slow Cooker Soup Recipes and Slow Cooker Tips
By: The Editors of RecipeLion.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
One of the most underrated cooking tools, the slow cooker is a must-have for all busy, working home cooks. The beauty of the slow cooker is that you can toss your ingredients in before you leave for work or start you day, and by the time you get home, dinner will be waiting for you. Slow cooker soups are some of the easiest and best slow cooker recipes you can find and are great all year round because slow cookers run on such low heat. The Editors of RecipeLion have gathered the best slow cooker soup recipes that include everything from corn chowder to slow cooker split pea soup.
After coming in from the cold weather sometimes a warm bowl of soup will do the body right. Our collection of slow cooker soup recipes has something for everyone. So, if you are a fan of chicken soup recipes, or delicious beef and barley soups, scroll on down and check out our great recipes. Loaded with vegetables and herbs, the soups cook for hours, so you get a full flavored bowl of soup. It may take a little longer to cook than a stove top soup, but the full bodied flavor of slow cooker soup recipe truly does pay off. Crumble in some Saltine crackers or enjoy with a warm slice of bread, and enjoy a fresh bowl of soup for lunch or dinner.
Table of Contents
Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup - In this wonderful recipe, Mexican flavors are slow cooked for one the ultimate soup recipes. Loaded with beans and corn for that southwest flare that you love, all you have to do is add the ingredients in the slow cooker and wait for the soup to be ready. (video below)
Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup - Soup recipes are great when it's cold outside and you need a recipe to warm up the body and soul. Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup is an easy recipe that doesn't take much time to prep. Slow cooked so all of the flavors can blend together to make a flavorful dish, you'll be eating bowl after bowl.
Slow Cooker Corn Chowder - Corn chowder is a great late summer, early fall soup when corn is at its peak season. This recipe uses canned corn, but try going for the stuff straight off the cob for a fresh variation. This recipe would also be great with the addition of a protein like crab meat or chicken.
Turkey Soup Slow Cooker Style - This hearty soup comes together beautifully in the slow cooker and is reminiscent of a turkey chili. For a vegetarian option, try replacing the beef bouillon with vegetable broth and add more veggies or beans instead of turkey.
No Fuss Slow Cooker Chicken Soup - With the hustle and bustle of the long work week, it sometimes feels impossible to make a great family dinner. This chicken slow cooker recipe is great for a busy day. (video below)
Simple Slow Cooker French Onion Soup - Everyone loves French onion soup! Try this easy slow cooker version of this classic soup and wow your family. This is perfect after a long day at work or as a nice hearty meal on a rainy day.
Chicken Rice Soup - Make this homestyle favorite in your slow cooker for a simple appetizer or meal that the whole family can enjoy. It's low in fat and calories, but is wonderfully flavorful with the addition of herbs and spices.
Split Pea Soup - Surprise everyone with how great split pea soup can taste. This slow cooker soup recipe is a cinch to make and serves a crowd. Give it a try.
Slow Cooker Potato Soup - This easy slow cooker recipe makes a great rich and creamy potato soup. Try adding cheese, bacon, scallions or sour cream for an even richer loaded baked potato taste.
Slow Cooker Bacon Bean Soup - Savor the bacon and bean flavor combo and you'll surely be saying this is one of the best soup recipes around. (video below)
For easy clean up, you can purchase slow cooker liners from the grocery store. The thin liners cover the inside of the slow cooker and are held in place by the lid. Cook up your favorite soup or chili, serve, pack up the leftovers and just toss the liner. The clean up takes seconds!
One hour on high is equal to two hours on low
Your food needs to reach 140 degrees F as quickly as possible. Try cooking on high for the first hour, to get the temperature of the food up and then change to the low setting for the remainder of the cook time.
Most meat does not need to be pre-cooked before going into the slow cooker, with the exception of ground meat. Ground meats can turn an unappetizing gray color if placed raw into a slow cooker, so be sure to brown first on the stove.
- Don't lift the lid! Unless the recipe specifically tells you to stir during cook time, resist the urge to lift the slow cooker lid. Each time you lift the lid, you let out heat which could result in an additional 20 minutes of cook time for each lift.
Craving even more slow cooker recipes? Browse our Ultimate Slow Cooker Recipe Guide and discover over 250 recipes for your slow cooker.
Images from other cooks
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Slow Cooker Potato Bacon Chowder
- Slow it Down Beef Barley Soup
- All Day Extra Creamy Potato Soup
- Slow Cooker Beef Dumpling Soup
- Just Like Paula Deen's Potato Soup
- Top 10 Slow Cooker Soup Recipes and Slow Cooker Tips
- All Day German Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker Corn Chowder
- Slow Cooker Hungarian Goulash
- Best Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup
- 12 Overnight Breakfast Casseroles for Christmas Morning
- 15 Halloween Recipes eCookbook
- 23 Spooky Halloween Recipe Ideas eCookbook
- 23 Unforgettable Halloween Party Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Effortless Recipes with Cake Mix eCookbook
- 27 Cheap and Easy Chicken Recipes
- 28 Must-Have Easy Picnic Recipes
- Classic Cowboy Recipes: 27 Authentic Western Recipes - Free eCookbook
- Easy Potluck Recipes: 21 Pasta Casserole Recipes
- The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Nicole Johnson - Food Blogger
- Olivia Smith - Food Blogger
- One-Pan Chocolate Cake
- Pumpkin Snickers Poke Cake
- How to Make Croissants
- Hot Fudge Peanut Butter Brownie Cake
- Glazed Peanut Butter Pound Cake
- Homemade Holiday Dressing
- 20-Minute Crispy German Pork Chops
- The Ultimate Tuna Noodle Casserole