Stonyfield Frozen Yogurt Review
By: The Editors of RecipeLion.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"This Oikos blueberry frozen yogurt is a frozen yogurt made for ice cream lovers. I could not believe just how rich and creamy this frozen yogurt was. Normally, fro-yo is a poor substitute for real deal ice cream, but that's definitely not the case here. Plus, I loved that this actually had real blueberry flavor, a novelty in the frozen novelty world. Next time the ice cream craving hits, I know exactly what I am turning to!"
“Frozen Greek Yogurt eh? Well, I often begin my day with regular Greek yogurt, so the potential for symmetry naturally made me curious about the possibility of Stonyfield Farm’s newest product. From the first bite, the texture was definitely distinct from iced cream: firmer and slightly more elastic, but slicker than a gelato. I could definitely get to enjoy that: it felt much more substantial than most iced creams, especially anything approaching fat-free."
“Dessert in our house seems to come with fanfare if my 4-year-old and 2 ½-year-old sons are involved. For some reason, they have taken to covering their eyes and waiting with great excitement and anticipation to see what Mommy or Daddy will bring forth from the kitchen to the dining room to tempt their tiny, yet rather sophisticated, palates. This past weekend, it happened to be Oikos Chocolate Organic Nonfat Greek Frozen Yogurt. Now, as a mom, I particularly like that it’s A) organic and B) yogurt. As kids, all they really care about is that it is A) chocolate and B) ice cream. Only it’s NOT. It’s even better! Reactions? See what happens when you ask a child to unpack his adjectives:
4-year-old: CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM! It’s very chocolatey. It’s yummy. There’s a big squirt of whipped cream on top of it. And it was a BIIIIG scoop. I think it’s very, very chocolatey – it’s chocolaty a LOT.
When I told him that it was frozen yogurt, not ice cream, he said: No, it’s not yogurt. You’re just joking about that, Mommy.
2 ½-year-old: Mmm ice cream – CHOCOLATE! This is yummy, yummy. Mm, yum yum yum. I asked him what else he wanted to say: THANK YOU! And then he proceeded to lick the bowl and ask, Mommy, may I please have some more?”
“The Stonyfield frozen yogurt has become a godsend for me… as someone who’s watching what they eat but can’t resist some good ice cream, frozen yogurt is exactly what I need! With so many awesome flavors like honey vanilla, blueberry, chocolate, dark chocolate and even go-to standard vanilla, this frozen yogurt tastes just like regular ice cream. What’s the best part, little to no fat! It doesn’t get more guilt-free than that. I couldn’t have been happier to find this organic frozen yogurt, especially as I lean more towards organic in general. I was already a fan of Stonyfield yogurt so this was a wonderful addition to their line. Look in my freezer and you’ll likely see a tub of Stonyfield frozen yogurt there in the future."
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- MAX'IS Creations Hoop in a Mug Review
- Kyocera Nonstick Fry Pan Review
- Anolon 3 Qt Au Gratin and Rectangular Baker Review
- Primula Pour Over Coffee Maker and Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker Review
- Nostalgia Electrics Cake Pop & Donut Hole Bakery Review
- Veg-All Canned Vegetables Review
- Freshlike Canned Vegetables Review
- SeaPak Popcorn Fish and Shrimp Review
- Stonyfield Oikos, Activia and Low-fat Yogurt Review
- San-J Asian Cooking Sauces Review
- 20 Valentine's Day Recipes: Blogger Edition - Free eCookbook
- 22 Easy Pie Recipes for Every Occasion
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Effortless Recipes with Cake Mix eCookbook
- 39 Appetizer Recipes and Party Pleasers eCookbook
- Classic Cowboy Recipes: 27 Authentic Western Recipes - Free eCookbook
- Frugal Recipes: 26 Ground Beef Recipes eCookbook
- The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge
- Top Rated Amish Recipes: 26 Classic, Old-Fashioned Recipes eCookbook
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- St. Paddy's Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Cheesy Cheddar Burger Bites
- Easy Chocolate Raspberry Tiramisu
- Cherry Chip Cake with Whipped Vanilla Buttercream
- Easy No-Bake Creme Brulee
- Whipped Cream Raspberry Pretzel Salad
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 15 Best Homemade Italian Sausage Recipes
- MAX'IS Creations Hoop in a Mug Review
- MAX'IS Creations