Coffee Macaroons with Sweet Cream Ganache is one of my favorite cookie recipes that I try to make once a year. Filled with a delicious center, every bite is heavenly. Perfect for the holiday season, you have to try these cookies.
For the Macaroons:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Finely grind the almond flour, confectioners' sugar and instant coffee in a blender or food processor.
- Sift mixture onto a large baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Let cool completely and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl fitted with whisk attachment, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until opaque and foamy.
- Gradually add sugar and beat on high speed until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Sift toasted almond flour mixture once more over the egg whites and fold using a silicone spatula until magma-like consistency is reached. Transfer to pastry bag and pipe 1" circles onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes until the top surface forms a thin crust.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and allow to cool completely before removing from parchment with an offset spatula. Pair like shells and fill with Sweet Cream Ganache.
For the Sweet Cream Ganache:
- Heat Sweet Cream creamer and 2 tablespoons of the heavy whipping cream in a small skillet over medium heat until just bubbly. In a heat-safe bowl, pour heated cream over white chocolate and allow to sit for five minutes.
- Stir until smooth and add remaining heavy whipping cream.
- Stir to combine and refrigerate overnight.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat cooled ganache until firm, yet fluffy.
- Transfer to pastry bag and chill until ready to fill macaroons.