Follow Us on Facebook
Get updates from RecipeLion.com posted directly to your News Feed.
1/2 Sour Pickles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're a pickle fanatic like my fiance then this is just for you. Make your own tasty pickles this summer.
1. Pack cucumbers into jars.
2. Add spices to each jar in the amounts listed.
3. Pour into each jar as much boiled water, slightly cooled, as is required to fill the jar to the top.
4. Adjust rubber rings and covers but do not seal (This is an OLD recipe. You will be using modern jars - modern method = place the lids and rings - engage the threads but do not tighten).
5. Keep the jars at room temperature until fermentation stops and the liquid in the jars becomes cloudy.
6. Tighten covers and store in a cool place. (remove lids and clean jar lips before tightening).
7. Fermentation is hastened if jars are placed in the sun. (not recommended. Fermentation should proceed at an orderly pace. Temperature should be fairly constant. Rabid fermentation is not wanted).
8. Pickles should be ready to eat within 10 days.
Variation: For a spicy pickle, add 1 small red hot pepper to each jar and 1/4 tablespoon whole mixed spice (as in pickling mixture) at the top before adding water.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!