Follow Us on Facebook
Get updates from RecipeLion.com posted directly to your News Feed.
Guinness Ginger Fruit Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Spice up your fruit cake by adding Guinness and ginger to it. The ginger adds a wonderful zest to this recipe and the Guinness brings a full and warm-bodied flavor to this cake that can not be matched. Your friends and relatives will always invite you to their gatherings if you bring this cake along with you.
1) Preheat oven to 170 C.
2) Grease and line a 23cm cake tin or 2 ring tins.
3) Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4) Add the rind and treacle and beat again until incorporated.
5) Combine the Guinness with the soda and beat in the eggs.
6) Sift the flour and fold into the creamed butter and sugar alternately with the Guinness mixture, ending with flour.
7) Stir in the dried fruit and ginger and mix well.
8) Spoon into prepared cake tin.
9) Bake in a slow oven for 1 hour, reduce oven to low then cook for a further 1 1/2 hours or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
10) Cover loosely with newspaper and a towel to cool in pan. (This cake is best stored for at least 1 week before eating to allow for flavors to develop.)
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!