Lemon Tofu No Cheese Cheesecake
Don't let the title deceive you, this easy picnic dessert recipe for cheesecake really does not have any cheese in it. Reintroduce dessert to your vegan diet foods list with this lower calorie quick easy dessert recipe for cheesecake.
For no bake cake, omit cornstarch mixture.
Cooking Time30 min
- 2 cups graham crackers
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pound firm silken tofu
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond exact
- 1 tablespoon tahini or almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoon soy or rice milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix cracker crumbs, syrup and extract in bowl until moistened. Pour into 9" pie plate, press evenly to form crust and bake for 5 minutes. Cool while preparing filling.
- Blend tofu, sugar, tahini, salt, lemon juice, lemon zest and dissolced cornstarch in a food processor or blender until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Pour mixture into crust and bake until top is slightly brown, about 30 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate until throughly chilled, about 2 hours. Texture will resemble a cream pie.
Read NextVegan Mac And Cheese Without Cashews