Here is one of the simplest zucchini side dish recipes out there. Combined with tomatoes, onions, basil and oregano, Zucchini Italiano makes an excellent side kick to any main dish!
- 5 zucchinis, sliced thin
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 onions, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Place zucchini in a medium saucepan and add in the onions, tomatoes and other ingredients. Stir.
- Set stove to low heat.
- Let the pan simmer over the stove until the vegetables are tender and the onions are translucent.
- Remove from stove and serve as a delicious side dish.
Read NextCauliflower Au Gratin