These spring vegetables are a natural with Easter brunch or Easter dinner, but truth be told, they're great any time at all. Fennel adds such a wonderful flavor to other veggies that we can't get enough of this dish at our house!
Be sure to check out our whole collection of 12 easy Easter recipes!
Cooking Time35 min
- 2 cups fresh fava beans or baby lima beans
- 1 cup sweet peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 teaspoon anise seed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh fennel, chopped fine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a deep heavy pot, heat the olive oil on medium high.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the fennel and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and salt and pepper.
- Mix everything together well, cover and let steam for about 1/2 hour or until the beans are done to your taste.