Orange Molasses Acorn Squash
Great vegetable side dish recipes combine a myriad of flavors, and this acorn squash recipe does just that. Know how to cook squash that is sweet, creamy and tangy with this recipe that tastes like quality restaurant vegetable recipes.
Cooking Time1 hr
- 2 acorn squash, cut in halves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Clean squash and poke interiors in several places with a fork. Rub interiors with garlic.
- Mix molasses, honey, vinegar, and salt and pepper together. Brush mixture into squash halves. Dot each half with 1/2 teaspoon butter.
- Place squash in shallow casserole dish in 1-inch of water. Cover. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour, until squash can be pierced easily with a fork.
Read NextAmish Green Beans With Brown Butter