Easy Fried Green Tomatoes
We've all seen the movie, now enjoy the treat that it made famous. No Whistle Stop Cafe in your town? No worries! You can make your own at home with this tasty recipe for easy fried green tomatoes.
Trying to figure out what else you can do with all those fabulous tomatoes? Try one (or more!) of these 22 tempting tomato recipes!
Cooking Time10 min
- 8 large green tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 2 cups fine bread crumbs
- oil for frying
- Set up 3 bowls: 1 with flour in it, 1 with bread crumbs in it, and a third for the wet mix.
- In that third, medium-sized bowl, gently whisk eggs, salt, pepper, and hot sauce; set aside.
- Coat tomato slices with flour.
- Dip in egg mixture.
- Dredge in bread crumbs.
- Using hedium heat, brown on both sides in a skillet with 1/2" of oil.
- Serve hot, with extra hot sauce, if desired.