Country Lovin' Mashed Potatoes
If you're looking for easy potato recipes but also some great comfort recipes too, than mashed potatoes is what you need. This recipe for Country Lovin' Mashed Potatoes is simply the best; nothing beats southern food!
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and chopped (leave on some peel)
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan of salted water and bring to a boil. Cook at a low boil for about 15 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the garlic, butter, and cream in a saucepan, and simmer for about 20 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Drain the potatoes, place in a mixing bowl, and add the garlic cream puree. Mash together with a potato masher or fork, leaving them slightly lumpy.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese and mix together. Season with salt and pepper. Return to pot to reheat if necessary.
Read NextEasy Old Fashioned Pea Salad Recipe