Brandied Sweet Potatoes
All of your guests will love this sticky-sweet casserole. Brandied Sweet Potatoes make a tart, unusual autumn side dish.
- 6 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 60 g butter
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup brandy
- Wash sweet potatoes. Do not peel. Cook in boiling water until barely soft (about 15 minutes).
- Drain, cool and peel. Slice into a greased casserole dish.
- Bring sugar, water, butter, and raisins to the boil. Add brandy and pour over potatoes.
- Bake uncovered in a moderate oven for 30 minutes, basting several times with liquid.
Read NextOne Pot Summer Veggie Skillet