Angel Hair Summer Squash
This recipe combines the most healthy vegetables to form a dish that is good and good for you. Of all the free healthy recipes out there, this is one of the best. Let this healthy food recipe for kids guide your family to a healthy lifestyle.
If you own a mandoline this is a very easy and elegant dish to prepare. If you don't, then you must julienne the squash skins by hand. When selecting the squash, look for unblemished skins.
Variations: Instead of Balsamic vinegar, toss with butter, chopped tomatoes, marinara sauce or grated parmesan cheese.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow summer squash
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Julienne the outer skin of each vegetable into long strips. Save the meaty insides for soup or a casserole. You should end up with long thin strips that look like spaghetti in green, yellow and orange.
- Toss zucchini and yellow squash with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and let drain for 1/2 hour in a colander.
- Blanch the carrot spaghetti for 2 minutes. Heat a saute pan over high heat, add oil when hot. Squeeze out excess water from the squash. Saute squash and carrots for 3 to 4 minutes. Season with pepper, no salt needed, and Balsamic vinegar.
Read NextMustard Grilled Onions