Vegan Risotto is a tasty and low-calorie way to enjoy this classic creamy rice dish. This version of risotto is one of the fast easy vegan recipes one can make. Use brown rice to make this easy vegan recipe even healthier.
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast, to taste
- Several cups of vegetable stock
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, set the range to high, and saute the onion until it starts to turn translucent.
- Add the arborio rice and stir around for 5-10 minutes, or until you start to panic that the onions may burn soon.
- Add all the nutritional yeast, and start adding the stock a little at a time, enough to come up halfway to the level of the rice.
- Stir around, replenishing the stock when it starts to look like it's getting too low. Continue doing this until he rice gets tender, you'll have to taste it to find out, and the stock is thick and rich like a gravy.
- Can eat it hot or cold.
Read NextVegan Ranch Dressing