This recipe puts a unique spin in classic stuffing. Yellow squash, onion, celery and bell peppers really bring this flavorful stuffing together. Bake this in a casserole and serve as a tasty Thanksgiving side.
If you enjoy this recipe, please check out our 30 Thanksgiving Recipes Free eCookbook
- 3 cups cooked yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 2 cups milk
- 1 small pan corn bread, crumbled (I use one pkg. of mix)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- Saute onions, celery, pepper in margarine and add to squash. Add cornbread and sage.
- Mix milk, soup and eggs until well mixed then add to squash mixture. Stir well.
- Put in baking dish and bake at 450 degrees F until brown.
Read NextHomemade Amish Cranberry Sauce