Dylan's Cranberry Sauce With A Kick
Dylan's Cranberry Sauce With A Kick is a fruity cranberry sauce recipe with an unexpected spicy note thrown in. It's a Thanksgiving side dish recipe that no one at your table will forget!
We use a toothpick of habenero sauce and achieve great results.
Check out more recipes from Diabetesdaily.com/recipes/ starting with this Curried Butternut Squash Soup on our blog.
Cooking Time25 min
- 12 ounces bag of cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar (or equivalent sugar substitute)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 1/2 cup ginger, fresh grated
- 1 1/2 cup pineapple, cubed fresh
- 1 teaspoon favorite hot sauce
- 1 vanilla bean, cut lengthwise
- Combine all ingredients in medium saucepan.
- Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean and add to the pot with the bean.
- Add scraped vanilla, bean and all.
- Bring ingredients to a boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer until cranberries burst, approx. 5-10 minutes.
- Remove vanilla bean.
- Serve warm or cold.
Read Next11 Easy Thanksgiving Appetizers