Apple Walnut Stuffing
Seasonal apples and crunchy walnuts make this a great stuffing recipe for Thanksgiving or any fall dinner. Try using cornbread and your favorite herbs for a delicious variation.
Cooking Time25 min
- 8 cups (2 quarts) homemade-style bread (or cornbread), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Place bread cubes in large bowl. In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add celery, onion and parsley; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened (3 to 5 minutes). Add to bread.
- Combine eggs, broth and pepper; add to bread and mix thoroughly. Stir in apples and walnuts. Bake in greased 2-quart dish for 25 minutes or until desired crispness. Serve.
Read NextLeftover Mashed Potato Cakes