Ultimate Healing Soup
Great for when you are trying to fight off a cold, Ultimate Healing Soup is a great way to warm the body and the spirits. Made with fresh vegetable and herbs, it's rustic flavor will help you fight the sniffles. There's something about soup recipes that make us feel a little better.
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small head cabbage, cored and chopped
- 2 quarts water
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 can (14.5-ounces) Italian-style stewed tomatoes, drained and diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
In a large stockpot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Stir in, onion and garlic, celery and carrots; cook until onion is transparent, about 5 minutes.
Stir in water, bouillon, salt, and pepper and spices. Bring to a boil, then stir in cabbage. Simmer until cabbage wilts, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes. And let simmer for another 40 minutes stirring occasionally.
Read Next3-Ingredient Savoy Cabbage Stew