Pumpkin Soup with Apple and Ginger
Create a smogasbord of seasonal flavors with this recipe for Pumpkin Soup with Apple and Ginger. This is the best pumpkin soup recipe for chilly fall nights.
See this year and more in 55 Awesome Pumpkin Recipes.
- 12 of diced pumpkin (about 2x2 inches)
- 3 medium sized apples (golden)
- 4 home-made chicken stock
- 3 tbs butter
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- chives (the green part)
1. Boil the diced pumpkin until tender.(i.e., you can easily cut in half the pumpkin with a fork). Skin the apples, remove the core and slice into 4 pieces each. Boil them until tender. Set aside. In a blender mix the pumpkin. Add some chicken stock to make the blending easier.
2. Add the apples until smooth consistency. Add the remaining chicken stock, the cup of heavy cream and the 3 tbs. of butter. You may have to do this process in separate steps if the blender is not large enough. The important thing is that all components are thoroughly mix having a nice-looking pureed consistency. Strain . Salt to taste. (you are a pepper lover, add some but, remember that you will add ginger).
3. Take 1/2 cup of the soup and 1 to 2 inch piece of fresh peeled ginger and liquify. Strain this mixture (this one in a fine mesh) and add slowly until you reach your preferred taste for ginger. Upon serving, garnish, sprinkling thinly cut chives.