Creamy Pumpkin Soup
Creamy Pumpkin Soup is King of easy pumpkin soup recipes. This version of the dish is exceptionally flavorful and easy to prepare.
See this recipe and more in 55 Awesome Pumpkin Recipes.
- 2 teaspoons stick margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 10-1/2-ounce cans vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cubed peeled fresh pumpkin (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup chopped peeled McIntosh or other sweet cooking apple
- 1/2 cup evaporated skim milk
- Sage sprigs for garnish, if desired
1. Melt margarine in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion; saute 3 minutes. Add sage, curry powder, and nutmeg; cook 30 seconds. Stir in flour; cook 30 seconds. Add broth, tomato paste, and salt, stirring well with a whisk.
2. Stir in pumpkin and apple; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until pumpkin is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Place mixture in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
3. Return mixture to Dutch oven; add milk. Cook until thoroughly heated. Garnish with sage sprigs, if desired.
Read NextPotato Soup