Cream of Cauliflower Soup
Looking for a fun way to fit cauliflower into your diet, but tired of the same old crudite and dip? Make this delicious cream of cauliflower soup recipe! It's simple, it's fun, and it's a tasty way to get more veggies in your life.
- 1 smallish onion, chopped
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cut up head caulifower (reserve some florets for garnish)
- 1 can chicken broth + 1 can water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 bay leaf
- generous grating whole nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon or so fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon, optional
- freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup whipping cream or half and half, optional
- Sauté onion, leeks and garlic in melted butter until translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer until cauliflower is soft.
- Take out bay leaf and puree soup in blender or food processor.
- If you like, add 1/2 cup or so whipping cream or half and half. Garnish with cauliflower florets and chopped parsley.
Read NextRustic Creamy Tomato Soup