Sweet Potato Chips
Use this sweet potato recipe to learn how to cook a sweet potato like a regular potato, only with tastier results. Unlike potato recipes, sweet potato recipes are healthier for you because they contain more nutrients.
Hey, this recipe was featured in one of our exclusive free eCookbooks. If you'd like to enjoy more recipes like this one then download 27 Terrific After School Snack Recipes today!
- 1/2 pound sweet potatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon corn oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Slice the sweet potatoes by hand in very thin slices, or use a food processor with a 2-millimeter disk.
- In a large bowl carefully toss the sweet potato slices by hand in the oil to coat the chips lightly.
- Lay the slices in a single layer in the prepared baking pan. Bake the chips for 15 minutes.
- Turn each piece over with a metal spatula and bake for 5 more minutes. Chips should be dry and slightly crisp. If not, bake up to 3 more minutes, checking every minute so the chips won't burn.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Read NextEasy Homemade Hummus
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Nov 28, 2017
I love sweet potato chips. They are really easy to make too. Cutting them by hand is a lot of work and my food processor blade doesn't slice them thin enough. I have a mandolin that works great for slicing them nice and thin. I like to sprinkle the with a little salt. Try different cooking oils to to find your favorite. Just make sure, that type of oil can take being cooked at 400 degrees.
Apr 05, 2016
My daughter loves to make these. She cuts a couple of sweet potatoes into wedges and sprays lightly with olive oil. She adds a bit of garlic powder and chili powder. She roast them for about 30 minutes at 425 degrees F. Delicious and healthy!
Jan 17, 2010
good....although I burnt the first batch....the next batch was delish!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use