Samantha's Afternoon Quesadilla
For a great, easy snack, take a few minutes and make this if youâ€™re near a stove, or pack it up and take it with you. Grains, lean protein, calcium and vegetables all make it into this compact snack.
Hey, this recipe was featured in one of our exclusive free eCookbooks. If you'd like to enjoy more recipes like this one then download 27 Terrific After School Snack Recipes today!
Also be sure to read Samantha's guest post on our blog!
- 1 corn or flour tortilla
- 1 egg or 1/2 cup cooked, diced chicken
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- nonstick cooking spray
- Place a griddle or large pan over medium-high heat.
- Place tortilla on pan and warm tortilla on both sides, then remove from pan and set aside.
- Spray non-stick spray onto pan, cook the egg as desired; sunny-side up works best. (If using chicken, combine the cheese in pan and heat, stir until cheese is melted).
- Sprinkle shredded cheese onto egg; cheese will melt as egg cooks.
- Add salt and pepper.
- When egg (or chicken) is ready, place atop tortilla, and top with salsa.
- Wrap in parchment or foil if taking with you.
Read NextBite Sized Chile Cheese Squares