Dried Fruit Oatmeal Bars
These dried fruit oatmeal bars feature unusual dried fruits, cranberries and pears. They are also quite sweet, but still much healthier than other popular after school snack recipes for candy and cookies!
Hey, this recipe was featured in one of our exclusive free eCookbooks. If you'd like to enjoy more recipes like this one then download 27 Terrific After School Snack Recipes today!
Cooking Time20 min
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried pears
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine oats and dried fruit; set aside.
- In large heavy saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Stir in sugar, salt, lemon rind, corn syrup and vanilla; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in oat mixture.
- Turn into 13x9-inch baking pan; press mixture to form an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cut into bars while still warm. Makes about 24 bars.