Slow Cooker Mexican Potato Corn Chowder
Thick and creamy, this soup is hearty enough to be a meal! Try this tasty soup topped with sour cream and diced bacon.
Cooking Time1 hr 30 min
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 14 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can (17 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (12 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 cups medium cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Cover potatoes with water and boil gently, uncovered until you can pierce them easily with a fork. Add sauteed onion and green pepper. Stir in corns, chilies and seasonings (Lawry's season salt, garlic powder, dash of Worcestershire sauce). Heat until bubbly.
- Place in large (5-6 qt.) slow cooker on high until it bubbles again and then turn to low. Stir in shredded cheese. Simmer on low for at least 1 hour.