Spice up your week with easy casserole recipes, like this Mexicalli Pie. For Mexican recipes it sure is simple and the perfect quick dish to make for the whole family. Enjoy this yummy budget friendly dish today!
If you enjoyed this easy and budget friendly ground beef casserole recipe, then find more great options in Frugal Recipes: 26 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes.
Cooking Time30 min
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 cup chunky-style zesty salsa
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp or Mexican-style Cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup corn chips, crushed
- sour cream, sliced jalapeño peppers, diced tomato (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown beef, onion and pepper in a skillet; drain. Add corn, salsa, cheddar cheese and pepper.
- Place beef mixture in a lightly greased 10" pie plate; top with crushed chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes; garnish as desired.
Read NextPerfect Shepherd's Pie